Articles Articles Articles

Monday, April 27, 2009

Frown lines...ugh!



For some strange reasons, I looked in the mirror and curiously stared at my face. After a few seconds, I immediately recognized the changes... my face got thinner and the image was really melancholic. To make the matter worst, I realized that I was frowning! The truth was, I wasn't frowning at all! I tried so hard not put any kind of expression on my face so I wouldn't try to exert an effort to make myself cute or whatever, just to see the changes. And I saw a line in between my brows... Oh, antagonizing! I can't believe I already have it. I am sure, you also have this kind of personal moment that you see something unacceptable in the mirror. I felt I kind of lost my youth in a span of 7 years after graduating in college. Those years have been so tough to me. My agony is not really about aesthetics, it was somewhat of the cruelty of life...(Oh, I think, I'm getting far too dramatic!)

Anyway, the wrinkles I have now, as I look back in my life are the results of:

1. too much studying :-)
2. financial problem (sometimes, or maybe most of the time :-[ )

3. COLT (Cadet Officers Leadership Training), wherein I became literally burnt under the scorching heat of the sun ( I learned a lot because of this, though. I learned to value the very little things about life that people normally ignore like drinking just a drop of water, 5 seconds under the shade, walking instead of crawling...crawling instead of rolling which was really terrible especially after eating a meal... but kidding aside, the training challenged my strength and abilities, and it gave me the opportunity to meet wonderful, benevolent co-trainees)
4. Mathematics

5. Chemistry (especially balancing the equation)

6. Physics

7. Mathematics again

8. Traffic going to Manila (during college)

9. Freaks and Sickos in the street of Metro Manila

10. Traffic on the way home

11. Thesis

12. Failed business venture

13. Tears, tears, tears...

14. Relationship problems (jealousy, incompatibility, immaturity)

15. Being too negative!

So, from now on, I promise to be more positive!!! To not devour the negative side of the problems and mishaps I had, I have and I will have. But to devour on the good it will bring.

Though I think I lost my youth, I cannot regret what I have gained, which is one of the best things a person must have...WISDOM. ( I suppose so.)

1 comment: